A short drive from Bangkok for madness gay weekend. Each of the island beaches has different vibes and cater to different markets. Each of Koh Samet’s beaches are hidden in small bays (“AO” in Thai means bay). The busiest beaches on the island are Haad Sai Kaew, Ao Hin Khok and Ao Phai (the three main party beaches). All three have accommodation, bars and restaurants spread along with.
Beach Guide to Koh Samet
- Sai Kaew Beach (translated as Crystal Sand Beach) is the longest and busiest beach on Koh Samed, stretching about 1 km the beach is filled with resorts, restaurants and shops. This beach is home to many of the beach activities such as jet skis, banana boats and parasailing
- Ao Phai (pronounced “pai”) is a must-visit for any gay traveller as it is home to Silver Sands Bar and nightclub.
- Ao Tubtim located next to Ao Phai (2 mins walk) is the unofficial gay beach of Samet. This beach is home to the famous Tub Tims Resorts and is always popular with Gay Samet-ers during the day.
- Ao Nuan has a collection of simple bungalows surrounding a small quiet bay.
- Ao Wong Duean is the 2nd longest beach and most popular beach. This family beach has a collection of nice resorts and restaurants and some of the best sand on the island.
- Ao Wa, Ao Pakarang and Ao Kiew Na Nok are quiet smaller beaches located away from the nightlife and busier beaches. These are great for a romantic escape. If you are seeking a luxury escape check out Paradee Resort.
- Ao Prao (Ao Phrao) the only beach on the west cost of the Koh Samet . Again this beach is located far from the nightlife and is great for those seeking peace and private.