Join the team
Join our remote team
We have an office in sunny Glasgow, United Kingdom but our team works fully remote. You choose if that’s your favorite wework or a sandy hammock in Thailand. Away from slack, we meet up at the major travel events normally ITB in Berlin and WTM in London.
Permanent | Fully Remote | Competitive salary (based on experience)
We are looking for an experienced WordPress Web Developer to join our team. The role is permanently remote. Our team is growing fast and we are looking for a talented Web Developer who is looking to develop a long-term career in web development. We want someone who has a positive attitude and who will come up with creative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Implementing new features and functionality for current WordPress sites
- A/B testing with a continual focus on improving conversion rates
- Launching new WordPress sites on our infrastructure. Ensuring high-performance and availability by managing all technical aspects of the backend and services.
- Maintaining and managing our WordPress installations to ensure they are secure and efficient.
- Taking business requirements and turning these into technical specifications for other developers
- Working with business stakeholders to help them understand the complexity of tasks and suggesting practical solutions which meet the business’ needs
- Setting up on-site optimisation experiments
- Analysing campaign and web analytics performance data to optimise activity and ensure you work on the most impactful projects
What you’re like:
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload, prioritise and deliver against deadlines.
- Eager to ‘jump in’ and immerse yourself
- Highly driven/self-motivated, always seeking personal improvement, great team player that enjoys being part of a winning team, and that is fun to be around.
- Able to think independently, be confident in your ability, work with minimal supervision and have a track record of implementing solutions to a high standard.
Skills and Experience
- Practical and current experience in developing WordPress websites
- Experience in CSS, HTML, PHP and responsive web design
- Ideally experienced in using custom post types
- An understanding of how web design and coding decisions affect other areas such as SEO and speed optimisation
- Strong experience web analytic tools
- A strong technical ability (able to learn new systems)
- A logical and analytical thinking with the ability to communicate with people of all skill levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of running digital marketing campaigns with social media, Google Adwords and email campaigns
Join our global community of creators
We love working with talented creatives who are passionate about travel and sharing their unique experiences. While we all love travel, we also look for writers who have experience and passion in the following areas:
Are you traveling for the party? Does visiting a new city really mean testing out their nightlife? Share your passion and help others explore the best gay venues around the world.
Hotel Industry Experience
Are hotels your thing? Do you know the hacks to gain club benefits? Do you enjoy the planning stage of traveling? Research and write about the best hotels at each price point.
Are you passionate about promoting a positive community message? Do you want to help travelers understand local communities? Shine a spotlight on LGBT stories from across the globe.
We need our team to stay on top of the game. So on top of payment, our regular writers enjoy free tickets to the biggest gay events, VIP treatment from gay venues, and complimentary rooms at some of the best 5-star hotels.
Join our Influencer Program
The Gay Passport matches leading LGBT influencers with amazing hotels for incredible luxury experiences. Partner hotels are looking to exchange two room nights for online exposure within the LGBT travel community. Join the club and start travelling for free!
Got an idea for an article or think you would be the perfect fit to work with us. Send us your details