Where to get all hot and bothered this winter
There will be no need to hibernate this year. With snow prides and gay ski weeks happening all over the planet, you’ll be able to put on your ski boots and jockstraps and party the cold away. Festivals are happening north and south of the equator, so you can join the fun no matter the season.
Here is our list of what’s hot and happening this winter around the world:
Arosa Gay Ski Week – 15th Edition | 19 – 26 January 2019
The enchanting Alpine village of Arosa will get hot and sweaty this winter with the Arosa Gay Ski Week celebrating their 15th edition. No experience is needed to join the fun as Arosa Gay Ski Week promises something for everyone. From spa days and sleigh rides to drag races and cabaret evenings, there will be loads of activities to keep you busy. So whether you ski, snowboard, snowshoe or just like to party, Arosa Gay Ski Week is the place to be this winter.
- Date: 19 – 26 January 2019
- Location: Arosa, Switzerland
- Tickets: www.arosa-gayskiweek.com
- For more information visit the event page: Arosa Gay Ski Week – Facebook Page
Whistler Pride + Ski Festival 2019 | 20 – 27 January 2019
Whistler is the home to one of biggest and oldest queer snow-sport festivals in the world. This winter they are holding their 27th edition, with seven days of skiing, themed dance parties, zip-lining and even pool parties (so don’t forget to pack your sexiest swim briefs). There will even be a comedy night with the fabulous Pam Ann.
- Date: 20 – 27 January 2019
- Location: Whistler, Canada
- Tickets: www.whistlerpride.com
- For more information visit the event page: Whistler Pride and Ski Festival – Facebook Page
Gay Ski Week Hakuba | 08 – 17 March 2019
How does a wild week of fun in the Japanese Alps sounds like? The internationally renowned ski resort town of Hakuba will play host to the Gay Ski Week Hakuba and the schedule is loaded with everything from skiing, yoga, snowmobiling and hot springs.
- Date: 08 – 17 March 2019
- Location: Hakuba, Japan
- Tickets: http://gayskiweekhakuba.com
- For more information visit the event page: Gay Ski Week Hakuba – Facebook Page
European Snow Pride 2019 – Powered by Scruff | 16 – 23 March 2019
One of Europe’s biggest snow prides is happening this March in the beautiful ski areas of Tignes and Val-d’Isère. With DJ’s, saxophone players, singers and performers entertaining you on the slopes, as well as parties at the new Tignespace (a 3000 people capacity venue) this will be a sizzling event not to be missed. There will also be a giant pool party stretching over 5000 sqm. Now that sounds like a lot of fun!
- Date: 16 – 23 March 2019
- Location: Tignes, France
- Tickets: www.europeansnowpride.com
- For more information visit the event page: European Snow Pride – Facebook Page
European Gay Ski Week | 23 – 30 March 2019
This year the European Gay Ski Week is promising to hold the biggest and most spectacular event that the Alps has ever seen. The location for EGSW 2019 is Les Arcs, an area consisting of five villages within the ski area of Paradiski. Apart from skiing and snowboarding there will be tons of other activities including fat biking, heli tours, parties, cabaret shows and their signature open air après-ski.
- Date: 23 – 30 March 2019
- Location: Paradiski, France
- Tickets: www.europeangayskiweek.com
- For more information visit the event page: European Gay Ski Week
Winter Pride ’19 – Official Event | 30 August to 8 September 2019
Gay Ski Week Queenstown started in 2012 and is said to be the largest gay pride festival in the Southern Hemisphere. 2019’s Winter Pride aims to be bigger and bolder than ever before, with the emphasis on a broader, more inclusive festival. The ‘ON-MOUNTAIN SERIES’ will serve as a designated mountain resort hosting the festival activities each day, while the ‘OFF-MOUNTAIN SERIES’ will be for those not so keen on snow activities. A full schedule of events will be launched in February.
- Date: 30 August to 8 September 2019
- Location: Queenstown, New Zealand
- Tickets: wintepride.co.nz
- For more information visit the event page: Winter Pride NZ – Facebook Page
Gay Ski Week Australia | September 2019
GSWA is the biggest gay alpine party in Australia and will once again be produced by Points of Difference Travel & Events, whom also offers a range of quality and luxury travel services to the LGBT community. Details about the 2019 festival is expected to be announced soon.
- For more information visit the event page: Gay Ski Week Australia – Facebook Page