21 Questions with Bachelor of the Week
Our newly single bachelor is a cute guy originally from Penang but now living in Singapore. Check out his local hot spots & travel advice for Singapore below.
“I love travelling and experiencing different food, nightlife and cultures, especially in Asia. I try to be the best at whatever I do, at work or on a personal front. I recently got out of a bad relationship that really sapped the life out of me, but thankfully I have amazing friends and family to give me the strength to move forward. Life is too short to be spent on regrets, so I try to maintain my values of treating people with dignity and respect, because why make enemies when you can make friends?”
Follow Danny @kahwey
1. Living in?
Sales and interior stylist
4. Three apps which you are addicted to?
5. Favorite part of your body?
My smile! (my eyes are a close second)
6. Which part of a hot guy catches your eye the most?
7. Three things which will get you into bed?
His scent, that irresistible smile
& amazing sense of humour
8. Your weirdest turn on?
Knowing that a guy who wanted to top me allows me to top him instead
9. The strangest place you have done it?
On an overhead bridge above a highway
10. Three qualities in your perfect boyfriend?
1. Caring & treats people well, no matter who they are
2. Authentic & not “two-faced”
3. Honesty is the most important trait
11. Dealbreaker (Something he does which prevents you dating him)?
Someone who lies constantly, even about smallest details
12. How long have you been single?
13. Three reasons to visit?
1. friendly People and it’s an amalgamation of Southeast Asian cuisines
2. The Hainanese chicken rice and laksa have been favourites of my non-local friends
3. The efficiency and cleanliness of the entire country is something you don’t get to experience in any other Southeast Asian countries
14. When is the best time to visit?
Year-end Christmas season where the festivities are in full swing and the atmosphere is electric!
15. What’s your recommended must do attraction?
Universal Studios in Sentosa should be on your bucket list (now!)
16. Favorite night to party?
17. Where would you go?
I used to hang out at Taboo but nowadays I party very infrequently
18. What’s special about it?
Taboo is still the place to hit and to meet hotties. In fact you should head down to the Tanjong Pagar Stretch where it’s great for club hopping
19. Which neighborhood is best to stay in?
Stay in Sentosa if you like that “resort feel” OR somewhere near central if you’re looking for shopping, dinning and nightlife
20. Whats special about that neighborhood?
Convenient by being close to town, it lets you maximize the amount of time you spend partying, shopping and features a number of the best eateries in Singapore
21. If you were a tourist visiting which hotel would you stay in?
I typically look for newer hotels in the city centre, like The Warehouse Hotel, The Westin Singapore or JW Marriott at South Beach
Danny on coming out & life as a gay man:
“I have had a number of ex-girlfriends in Malaysia and living as a bisexual person in Penang at the time wasn’t easy, but my family accepted me early on and I was fortunate enough to have caring family and friends who were very supportive.
Moving to Singapore to work helped with the gay part of my life as the city gave me many opportunities to meet similar people both at work and on the social front. This also made me realized that there were parts of the gay lifestyle that make me uncomfortable: sleeping around with people whom I barely know or who isn’t my boyfriend at the time, the threesomes or more type of group activities, going to saunas, or receiving requests to receive payment for sex, these are all huge turn-offs.
The best things about being gay for me, is really having that simple closeness of a one on one relationship built from love, trust and mutual respect, which I have struggled to find in the past 2 and a half years. I do feel that being different makes me more sensitive to find someone who is right for me and vice versa. This can be challenging sometimes due to the nature of the gay lifestyle where bitchiness and gossip around, but this challenge makes me treasure the guy whom I can find that right connection with. For those who’re reading this, there have only been 2 people who fit the bill in the past, you know who you are :)”